Sunday, June 13, 2010

Running, My New Sport

It started with Jeffrey's frequent jogs at the end of Februaryof this year. Then with Suyen's and Yai's prodding, I registered for the Condura (Save the Dolphin's) Run in March 2010. Well, at the day of the run, I just watched Jeffrey, Suyen and Yai ran when the race started. I was by the rails and didn't join them. The week after, we registered again for the Century Superbods, the first of the Run Rio Trilogy. I didn't join again.

Finally I joined the Globe Run and finished my first recorded 5k at 32 minutes. Not bad at all. I was motivated by all of Jeffrey's colleagues especially Ednicol Macalatan who I followed during most of the runs. After that race, I became addicted to running! We joined races almost every weekend. We became like wild critters on the streets of the Fort and around Mall od Asia and Roxas Boulevard. We even joined a trail run in Nuvali in Sta. Rosa!

I'm already doing my 10k's now only, 3 months since I started. I know I'm still a newbie, lots of things to learn and to experience. I hated running since I was a child but look at me now, a running addict. How I wish I started early, but I guess it's never too late. I love running now, and who knows, I might even join a marathon someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment