Friday, September 17, 2010

Badminton, Our New Sport

I know, I know. Everybody used to play badminton and it was the number 1 sport before everybody started to run. I used to play it when I was a kid and it was my PE in U.P. Now inspired by our game in El Nido, Jeffrey and I got our badminton racquets from Toby's last Monday and promised ourselves to play every Saturday.

According to wikipedia, badminton is a racquet sport played by either two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles), who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court that is divided by
a net. Players score points by striking a shuttlecock with their racquet so that it passes over the net and lands in their opponents' half of the court. A rally ends once the shuttlecock has struck the ground, and each side may only strike the shuttlecock once before it passes over the net.

What's good in playing badminton is that it is a total body workout. Arms, legs, trunk and the cardiovascular system are worked hard in this sport. It can be played just for fun but a tinge of competitiveness enables one to have a good burn.

Utilize playing badminton as a variety to your regular workout routine. Trust me, you'll have fun while workingout!



1 comment:

  1. i agree...i used to play badminton. but went slightly on the side when i became active with running.

    ReplyDelete